Verify My FAFSA
How to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) verification
What is Verify My FAFSA?
This new, easy, mobile, personalized process makes everything about financial aid easier. With Verify MY FAFSA, you will be able to:
- Complete financial aid forms on your phone, tablet, or computer
- Securely upload documents from any device
- E-sign documents — both you and your parents
- Manage your financial aid tasks online
- Receive automated reminders about outstanding tasks and next steps
How will I know if I have requirements to complete in Verify My FAFSA?
The Office of Financial Aid will send an email to the address on file for you. This email will give you instructions on how to access the Verify MY FAFSA portal.
Once you access the portal, one of two messages will appear:
- Outstanding tasks – lists the documents needed to complete verification
- Congratulations! – no documents are needed
How to use Verify My FAFSA –
A Quick Start Guide
- Registering for the first time in Verify MY FAFSA
- Getting to know your Verify MY FAFSA portal
- How to navigate the Requirements section
- About Student and Parent E-Sign
REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT AS A STUDENT
The first time you log into oftc.verifymyfafsa.com you will be directed to the following screen. Complete any missing information and click the “Register Account” button. You will only register your account once. After that, you will be automatically signed in on any future visits to the page.
Tip: Verify that your name, birthdate, and social security number match what you put on your FAFSA application.
YOUR VERIFY MY FAFSA PORTAL
This overview page provides a list of the sections you need to complete.
Click on the white arrows to open each section to see the individual tasks that need to be completed.
HOW TO NAVIGATE A REQUIREMENTS SECTION
Each section will have tasks to be completed. Some areas will require you to fill out information within the program. Other areas will request you to upload documents such as a tax return transcript.
Once all tasks are complete, the Submit button will be enabled so you can submit your documentation to Verify MY FAFSA.
Tip: Use your smartphone to take legible pictures of your documents and upload them instead of using a scanner.
ABOUT VERIFY MY FAFSA E-SIGN
Verify MY FAFSA gives the ability for you and your parents (if you are a dependent), the opportunity to electronically sign (e-sign) your Financial Aid documents instead of having to print them out and sign them. In order to do this, you will need to set up a PIN, which can be used in place of your hard copy signature on the documents. You can also decide to not e-sign at any point.